Thursday, March 15, 2012

all's well that ends well

Ziv finished his course of antibiotic today and I'm super glad he's finally okay. Praise God! 

He fell ill one week ago back in the Philippines. Slept well Tuesday night then woke up early morning (on his birthday!!!) with severe coughing and wheezing. We took him to the pedia immediately and he was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis, same condition that plagues me once or twice a year. The doctor, who was a family friend and my and my siblings' pedia, initially prescribed prednisone, salbutamol and ambroxol plus Combivent for the nebulizer. 

Wednesday night was difficult. The salbutamol caused Ziv to be a bit hyperactive so he went to bed later than usual. However, he could barely stay asleep because of the coughing and wheezing. I wasn't able to sleep well too because I was watching him. I was so scared he might suddenly stop breathing.
Happy despite the coughing and wheezing
The coughing and wheezing persisted for three days despite all the medications, so we gave him an antibiotic as advised by the doctor. We started the course last Saturday, the day of Ziv's party. Fortunately, the little boy was such a trooper and was in a good mood for the most part of the celebration. 

We traveled back to Singapore on Sunday and Ziv did well. I'm thankful he never lost his energy. Even when he got sick he was crawling and cruising all over. He was a bit more clingy though but that's alright. I'll take clingy over lethargic anytime.

Despite this falling sick episode, we had a fun time back home. We had a short getaway to Tagaytay City to celebrate my daddy's birthday.

While we were there, we didn't stop by any of the usual tourist spots. We were supposed to check out Palace in the Sky but when we got there, the parking area was already full so we decided to turn back. We were supposed to go back the next morning but got too lazy. Besides, I read reviews that the place is in a bad condition already.

I enjoyed our visit at Nurture Spa Village. It was the perfect place to kick back and relax. We treated daddy to a massage and while he was in spa heaven, we went to the restaurant and filled our tummies. While waiting for our food, we walked around the garden. We found a swing set so we let Ziv play for a while. I imagine it being a really nice place for a wedding. I even told ze hubby that I wanted to have a wedding again just so we could hold it at Nurture Spa Village. Of course I was just joking. 

Enjoying our time at Nurture Spa Village

We spent the night at Twin Pines Suites. It's a former rest house converted to a bed and breakfast. We stayed at the Sugar Pine suite, which fit all six of us plus Ziv's crib. We got good value for our money. The accommodation was basic but we had everything we needed--comfortable beds, a functional bathroom, clean towels and even soap, shampoo and toothpaste. 

Twin Pines Suites
I checked the fancy hotels and B&Bs which have been recently opened in Tagaytay and was shocked by the rates. Places like Theodore's and The Boutique sure are nice but they're expensive! I'm glad I found Twin Pines Suites.

I think I gained lbs in those 24 hours we spent in Tagaytay. We did nothing but eat, eat and eat! On the first day we had lunch at Gerry's Grill, afternoon meryenda at Nurture Spa Village then dinner at Josephine's. The following day, breakfast was at Bag of Beans. We had a reservation at Pamana restaurant but I got tired of all the Filipino food, plus we got up late, so we just cancelled and decided to go back home.

We spent the rest of the week at home in San Pablo. It's always nice to be there and wake up to the sound of roosters crowing, or the dogs barking or my daddy either cooking breakfast or cleaning/tinkering with whatever. I love that I'm able to spend time with my daddy and siblings, and that I don't have to worry about doing the laundry or cooking or cleaning because our trusty house help is there to do 'em all. 

Life is always good at home. But I hope the next time we go back, no one will get sick anymore. Not me, not ze hubby and I certainly hope, not Ziv.

No comments: