Thursday, August 11, 2011

turning 30

I turned 30 last Sunday. I didn't expect it to be uneventful. Even more unexpected was me being okay with it being such a normal day. I've always loved celebrating birthdays with family and friends, and I remember, Reden and I talked about having a big bash when we turn 30. But that was preparenthood. I guess being a mom has changed me and my priorities a lot.

We were supposed to attend mass then go downtown to stuff our faces with Japanese food at Todai but it rained here in Ang Mo Kio so we decided to stay in. Besides, I was recovering from a painful breast infection and had a cold. I didn't want to get wet and give myself a full-blown flu. I also didn't want Ziv to get wet nor subject him to another day of sucky naps, having already spent the previous day at the mall. He gets so grumpy when he's overtired. But since we were all dressed up, we took some pictures to remember this milestone birthday by.

My life is complete :)
 After we changed back into our pambahays, I fed Ziv then put him down for a nap. Reden took a nap too and while they were both in slumberland, I decided to tackle the dirty clothes. I loaded a batch on the machine and while that was running, I pumped. When it was time for lunch, I just went online and ordered pasta and pizza from Pizza Hut. I was craving for cheesy lasagna!

In the afternoon, I swept and mopped the floor and vacuumed the carpet while Ziv slept. I thought I wanted to continue my shopping spree (my generous husband's birthday gift) at 313@Somerset. We waited for Ziv to wake up but when he did, it was too late so we just went to the nearby AMK Hub and did some grocery shopping. Reden also bought a cake for me and Ziv, who turned five months that day.

I turned 30 and Ziv turned 5 months!
For dinner, we just had barbecue ribs from one of the food stands at the supermarket. I was surprised it tasted alright. 

And that was how the day I turned 30 went. Just like any other day except there was cake. :)

No comments: