Saturday, August 20, 2011

have baby, will travel

Ziv and I are leaving for the Philippines tomorrow!

I'm anxious and excited to be traveling with an infant for the first time. I'll be sure to feed him, forcibly if need be, during takeoff and landing so his little ears won't hurt. I can't imagine how I'd handle a wailing baby in a plane! I pray God will send us nice, understanding and kind co-passengers who wouldn't shoot me dagger looks when Ziv becomes inconsolable. But I pray that Ziv will be as portable as he always is.

I'm taking the Snugli with me so I'll have my hands free, and the Diaper Dude which has all of the essentials. Let me show you what's in the diaper bag:



I'm bringing two large disposable changing mats, which I cut in half so I effectively have four of them. In the Ziplocs are extra clothes for Ziv and me, bibs, socks, burp clothes and blankies, and of course, diapers and wipes.

I'm also bringing Ziv's favorite toys so he'll have something to gnaw on during the flight. I packed a pair of pacifiers, too, just in case. He didn't develop a fondness for them but who knows when we're up in the air? I also have hand and mouth wipes, toy wipes, tissue and hand sanitizer. Gotta be prepared to tackle dirt!

I still have a lot to pack--milk bottles, my pump, milk for the flight, pump accessories, milk bags, my camera. All these but my luggage is already almost full! I hope I'll be able to bring everything we need and could possibly need.

I wish Reden were travelling with us. Having someone to hand Ziv to when I need to go pee or when Ziv starts wailing mid-flight sure is handy.

3 comments:

gie said...

Hi Kat,

Be ready to pee while holding Ziv! lol. I do that ALL the time. hehe. Goodluck Ziv on your first flight :)

Kat said...

haha. thanks gie!

Karla Maquiling said...

Oh, that's great news, you finally coming home with Ziv! I'm excited for you! The hassle notwithstanding, I'm sure it will all be worth it! Have a safe trip!