Tuesday, February 15, 2011

missing mommy

I tried singing to my baby today and was so happy to see he was responding to my much-to-be-desired voice. Haha. I first sang Rock a Bye Baby, which I later realized to be so morbid (when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall and down will come baby, cradle and all) and then Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. I wanted to expand my repertoire so I searched for an mp3 copy of Sa Ugoy ng Duyan, a Filipino classic by Lucio San Pedro and Levi Celerio. I found Aiza Seguerra's version of the song:





Free MP3 Downloads at MP3-Codes.com

I also looked for lyrics so I could sing while listening via earphones, but once I started reading the lyrics, my eyes welled up and tears started falling uncontrollably on my cheeks! 

Sana’y di nagmaliw ang dati kong araw
Nang munti pang bata sa piling ni nanay
Nais kong maulit ang awit ni inang mahal
Awit ng pag-ibig habang ako’y nasa duyan

Sa aking pagtulog na labis ang himbing
Ang bantay ko’y tala, ang tanod ko’y bituin
Sa piling ni nanay, langit ay buhay
Puso kong may dusa sabik sa ugoy ng duyan

Nais kong matulog sa dating duyan ko, inay
Oh! inay


I missed mommy!


Since I got pregnant, I've been wishing mommy were here to share this wonderful experience with me. I hoped she were here to share her experience and knowledge in raising kids, and to assure me that everything will be alright, especially now that I've been having health issues. Although I know she's always around, I'm still longing for her presence.



Nevertheless, I have memories. Lots of them. I have memories of her being a wonderful mother and I'll always keep them in my heart.

No comments: