Monday, December 27, 2010

the post-Christmas post

The Christmas celebrations are done and now we're counting down to the new year. All that's left is the chicken macaroni salad, a few slices of ham steak and a few servings of kare-kare. 

Here's a summary of our holiday in photos:


We also attended the Christmas Eve mass at Holy Family Church. Father Pat said, the most important gift we can give others this Christmas (and always, I think) is ourselves. I agree. Sometimes we get caught up in the consumerism that we forget what the season really means.

***

The first Sunday after Christmas was the Feast Day of the Holy Family. Listening to the mass readings and Archbishop Chia's homily made me feel grateful for the family I have. I appreciate the way Mommy and Daddy raised us and I'll keep their parenting techniques in mind when I raise my own kids. I'm also grateful for my in-laws because if they hadn't raised my dear Reden the way they did, I don't think we'll be half as good a man as he is now. 


--
Scrapbook page credits: Red background paper from Charming Christmas kit by Shannon Jackson and crumpled stitched stars from Christmas Time kit by Marie Stones, both at Free Digital Scrapbooking.

No comments: