Wednesday, December 17, 2008

wedding suppliers' rating part I

Rating Legend:
A
represents how happy we are with a supplier's performance.

Videography: Threelogy

 

I've been watching Threelogy videos looooooong before I had a fiance and I promised myself that I will get them to cover my wedding someday. So, when Reden and I began planning for our wedding, Threelogy was on top of our list of preferred suppliers. They were the first vendor we booked, and the most expensive too. Hehehe.

Threelogy is really among the best videographers in the Philippines today and we're so glad we invested our hard-earned money in them. The team--Jon, CJ, Bong and Rose--arrived right on schedule and when they entered my room, all of them had smiles on their faces. After introducing themselves, they began working immediately. Even if the team is very serious about their craft, they do know how to make people laugh. The preparations were fun and relaxed thanks to Bong and CJ. Although we haven't seen the final DVD yet (available in 6-8 months), we're not worried at all. Reden and I are actually excited to see the final output kasi may interviews sila with friends. Tsaka based sa quality ng on-site video, ano pa ba naman aalalahanin namin? We received a lot of good feedback about it so we're certain that the final video will be just as good, if not better. It was definitely a pleasure working with Threelogy and we'd definitely recommend them anytime.


PS: Jon was the one who booked the LCD projector and screen for us so that's more. He patiently answered my inquiries kahit technically, labas na sa responsibility nila yun. We love Threelogy! Hehehe.

Photography: Imagine Nation


When we were coming up with a list of suppliers, we initially wanted Mimi & Karl to cover our wedding. However, they were already booked on our wedding date. Imagine Nation was next on our list because, like Threelogy, I've known about Imagine Nation years before Reden and I became a couple. I liked their style and their rates were reasonable.

We met with John Ong at the last day of 2007 (special arrangement pa ito since holiday yun), and after seeing his team's works, we immediately made a down payment and signed the contract. Jason de Guzman and Gerdie Francisco covered our wedding and we couldn't be any happier with their performance and pakikitungo.

Jason and Gerdie arrived on time and, even if we only met them on the day itself, Reden and I easily warmed up to them. Aside from that, they were very polite. I've read of photographers na napipikon pag pinapahawak sila ng personal cameras ng guests or pag sinasabayan sila sa pagkuha. That was never a problem with Jason and Gerdie. They even gave way to guests who want to take photos. Jason even points to the camera where we should look! We got the DVDs of the photos three days after the wedding and we loved the output. They captured all the important moments. We love them!


Hair and makeup: Aaron and Bryan of The Makeup Studio
 

The Makeup Studio is a Weddings at Work find. I liked Madge's style, which is very natural and only enhances what her subject already has. She knows her stuff. However, her rate made me think twice about getting her services so when I finally decided to get her, she was already booked. John Ong recommended Jesi Alto (who was still with Madge that time) when we spoke with him so I asked my friend, George, to check if Jesi was still available. The lady at the studio said Jesi was already booked but Aaron was still available. When George told me this, I went with my guts and decided to book Aaron--even without a trial.

When I did have my trial, I was relieved! Aaron may be a chikadora but he knows his foundations, eyelash curlers and mascaras very well. Nakatulog ako ng mahimbing after my trial and knew that come my wedding day, I will be a beautiful bride.

On the day itself, Aaron and his assistant, Bryan, were the first to arrive. As in 7am pa lang at naliligo pa lang ako andun na sila. Then after breakfast, derecho na sa trabaho. Aside from my HMU, they also did my mom, mom-in-law, sister, sister-in-law and aunt's HMU. Everyone looked pretty! Unlimited din ang retouch ni Aaron before the ceremony and the reception.


Invitations: WINK


WINK is another Weddings at Work find. When I checked their site, I knew they had to print our invitations. Their invitations are fun and kikay, which are the qualities I wanted our invitations to have. Reden and I met with Daisy at their old office pa. I originally wanted to use my own design, which we used for our save-the-date email but when Daisy showed me their templates, we found one that had circles (our motif) printed on it. We chose that design, signed the contract and made a down payment. After a week or two, Daisy sent me the first layout. A few months later, Pia, a friend who's getting married in April, saw a WINK template closer to the look I wanted. I immediately e-mailed Daisy and asked her if I could change the template. I received a prompt reply from her saying it was okay. Pagdating sa layout, I used up all my four (or three) revisions. Meron kasing iba na hindi ko agad nakikita or hindi nila napapalitan. Buti na lang editor ako! There were times, however, na matagal sumagot si Daisy pero sumasagot naman siya palagi.

Pagdating sa mock-up, I saw that the colors were off and didn't match our colors. But it's my fault. Pinilit ko kasi na gamitin
yung colors na ginamit ko sa aming save-the-date. Since we didn't have much time na din, hindi ko na niraise kay Daisy. I'm sure though na if I did, she would accommodate my request naman. All in all, satisfactory customer service and good quality printing.

Next: San Pablo-based suppliers

3 comments:

Carlo & Pia's Wedding said...

yay! special mention ako! hehehe =)

Aimee Rae Ocampo said...

Panalo talaga yung onsite ng Threelogy. Galing, galing!

gladys pinky said...

Ate, pa-PM naman mga rates nila. Hehe. :) Thanks!