Monday, April 9, 2007

missing people

The factory girls threw a "surprise" (ewan ko kung surprise pa ito. taon-taon laging may surprise eh, hehe) Japanese-themed pantry party for Selena on her birthday last month. Marge made California maki, there were Oishi and junk food, a mini-cake from Selena's TJ, and a donut from Country Style. They had green tea, too.

I missed it.

Siempre, nasa Singapore ako. Hehe.

I miss my friends. I miss interacting and having a real relationship with them. Of course, we're friends even if we're miles apart. But still, nothing beats being just a walk-down-the-stairs away.

I guess I'll never stop missing my friends back home. Those relationships took years to build. Mahirap makahanap ng mga kasundo mo talaga. Kindred spirits, ika nga. I know I'll never find confidantes like Marge or George here. I know there will never be ultra ka-vibes lunchmates like Tin, Rhea, Tracy and Selena here, too. I accept that. Ganyan talaga ang buhay.

Minsan nakakatakot kasi ibang culture na ito. Sa Pinas nga minsan di mo pa makasundo yung mga kasama mo, pano pa dito? I don't know what kind of people I'll come across and connect with here.

Pero siguro kailangan ko na lang isipin na lahat naman ng tao, regardless of race, parepareho lang naman ang hinahanap natin. Gusto natin ang hindi tayo husgahan, ang tanggapin tayo kung ano talaga tayo, ang mapansin ang maganda sa atin.

I'm not expecting na makaron ako ng malalapit na kaibigan dito. Pero open ako sa possibility. =)

1 comment:

Lucille said...

Ate, kakalungkot mga posts mo.. Pero wala lang, i'm sure, soon magugulat ka na lang adjusted ka na jan, and busy and everything. Intay lang. Everything is going to be okay. :)