Wednesday, February 29, 2012

toddling

Just one more week to go before Ziv turns one. Unbelievable! I'm so excited! I've got tons of DIY ideas floating in my head (thanks to Pinterest) and I can't wait till it's time to execute them. I hope they'll turn out nicely. I know it's easier to just hire somebody to do all the decorating but we have a very limited budget so I'd just do the decorating myself. I ordered balloons but that's it.

Home is three days away though. I've yet to do the laundry, prepare everything that needs to be packed and then pack 'em all.

And that's on top of our day-to-day ops, and of taking care of a budding toddler. I've got to watch myself or else stress may get the best of me. 
Look at him!

I've been trying to keep things in order around here but Ziv has become more interested in exploring. Everything within his reach is fair game so we do our best to baby proof. I've covered the unused electrical outlets and raised the power cord extensions so Ziv can't tinker with them. The shoe cabinet, which only has a curtain for a door, is secured with clothespins so Ziv couldn't get to the dirty footwear (but sometimes he manages to remove the pegs). The safety gate is always locked so Ziv can't go to the (hazardous) kitchen, and there's always a fence around the TV set and the cable box to prevent an accident. Just the thought of what could happen horrifies me!

Our books, which I've arranged by color on a coffee table, often end up on the floor. I'm wishing we could install wall shelves so Ziv can't get to them but we're not allowed to drill on the walls. I really have to find a place for them soon.

I used to wish we had more space but I think having a small flat proves to be advantageous now that Ziv is on explorer mode. There's no need to follow him around because I can see him wherever he goes! I remember when my brothers were toddlers, I used to shadow them and it was so tiring. I hated it when mommy asked me to watch over one or both of them because I didn't want to follow them around. I guess I've always been a lounger.

I need to start getting active again though. Really, really, really need to lose weight. 

After this trip, perhaps?

No comments: