Thursday, February 16, 2012

back to normal...almost

My in-laws flew back to the Philippines last Sunday and things at home are slowly going back to normal. With a soon-to-be-toddler though, what "normal" is, is ever changing.

Ziv has found delight in walking, albeit with a chair or walker to support him. He hasn't learned to do it on his own yet but I know he will pretty soon. He refuses to be confined to his playpen and prefers to roam around the house so he could explore every nook and cranny. 

Ziv loves to check out the TV and cable box and the shoe cabinet, and he always wants to crawl towards the kitchen. It's quite tiring to keep an eye on him and follow him around! Every time I feel stressed out though, I always think that I very much prefer him to be healthy and active than to be sick and lethargic.

---

Source: meh.ro via Anna on Pinterest
I had an impacted wisdom tooth extracted last Saturday. I wouldn't have had it done but it was swollen and painful so I thought it would be better I just get it over with. 

Unfortunately, up to now my tongue and the area surrounding the operation site are still quite numb and tingly. I read in the Internet that tongue numbness could last for 6 months or forever! But I'm quite relieved to know that when you feel pins and needles on your tongue, the damage is almost always temporary and would probably heal in a couple of weeks. I hope the dentist would be able to shed some light on this when I see him on Saturday.

I was irritated by the whole tongue situation for a couple of days but now I'm trying to let it go. I'm just praying it would completely heal soon.

3 comments:

ashrage said...

That's a pretty scary pic you have there heehee! Get well soon! :) Pinakamasakit pa naman yung sakit ng ngipin vs. lahat ng body pains :(

LiA said...

ganyan yung sakin. lahat. hindi naman sumakit. XD

Johanna said...

nagpatanggal din ako noon ng impacted wisdom tooth, pero wala naman complications. I didn't know pwede pala maging numb yung dila ng ganon katagal after tooth extraction! yikes