Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ziv is nine months old!

Time flies!

I think I say that every month.

But time does fly! From a sleepy newborn, Ziv is now a nine-month-old infant who has got mad skills. He has amazing control of his hands and fingers now. I think even he is amazed. Sometimes I catch him just looking at one of his hands and lifting it up as if he's reaching for something. 

Aside from unbelievable manual dexterity, Ziv can also stand up with support now. Ever since he learned how to do that, he's been practicing every chance he gets. We usually hang out at his play zone so he gets lots of opportunity to practice. But with learning to stand up comes countless falls. He hates falling on his butt but he hates falling on his back even more. I think the impact scares him more than it hurts him. 

The increased activity makes me nervous sometimes because there are more chances of his hitting his head somewhere. But we've been lucky so far, thank God. No bumps yet. I think the worst injury we experienced was when his lip hit the armchair and it bled. I was so scared! Luckily, it stopped on its own and his two front teeth were intact.

It's awesome to watch Ziv grow. Ze hubby and I are really privileged to have been given front row seats in this most amazing show: the development of a human being.

Milestones are great but so are the everyday, ordinary things. Just watching him be this little person makes me happy.




No comments: