Monday, July 13, 2009

i'm obese and don't have protection against hepa A and B

But everything else is normal, according to the health screening report I got from Raffles Medical. I am happy with the results. I was initially quite worried that I may have high blood pressure or high cholesterol or cancerous cells in my cervix or that my heart is beating abnormally, but praise God, it turned out I didn't have to worry about a single thing!

My blood pressure was 110/70, my heart beat's rhythm is regular and its sound, normal. Both my breasts are normal (thank God!), and my thyroid normal. EENT+pharynx are normal, as with all the organs in my abdomen. Even my rectum is normal! Hahaha!

My BMI is 28.6, which is high risk for cardiovascular disease according to Asian BMI cut-off points and moderate risk for WHO BMIs. My 10-year risk for developing coronary heart disease is less than 1 percent. Cool. 

When my doctor said "Your'e normal," I gave her a huge smile and said "Great!" Now I know that I only have to focus on my weight so I may be classified as perfectly healthy. But I'm really happy that I'm generally okay.

I updated my RealAge test and the result says I'm 2.7 years older than my chronological age. Not bad. I think losing 2.7 years is manageable.

I love and am really grateful for my body!  

4 comments:

Karen Ramos said...

glad to hear that there is nothing much to worry about... i'm sure health-wise you would know what to do to have a healthier weight...

goodluck!

Dodi Liongson said...

buti naman. eh si reden musta results? hehe

Reden Mateo said...

Thank God for the great result! =)

dodi di pa ako nagpapatest ulit. I am sure to be obese with high LDL levels as well. haha.

Dodi Liongson said...

26 daw real age ko. pffft. i knew that.