Thursday, May 18, 2006

sharing an addiction

Aside from our love for each other, our love for food and our love for travel, we've discovered one more thing that binds us together.

Pokemon.

Haha.

B, a certified Pokemon addict and geek, recently introduced the game to me. It was while we were waiting for our flight from Cebu to Manila. I used to be contented with listening to B's chatter about Pokemon and Neopets, but at that instance, I don't know what made me ask him to teach me how to play. Maybe I was getting tired of listening to his kwentos without being able to relate.

I didn't know then that it would be the start of an addiction. I've only been playing since Sunday and already I dreamt of Pikachu two nights ago. I look forward to getting home after work (if wala kaming date ni B) to play. Last night I stayed up until 12am to play. And I don't stay up late for anything. Well, except for inuman or videoke or bonding with B or my friends.


Sobrang na-engross talaga ako sa game. I can't pinpoint what exactly I love about it. Siguro it's the cute Pokemons or siguro yung pagaalaga sa kanila. Sa Pokemon kasi magaalaga ka ng Pokemons para ipanglaban mo sa ibang trainers. Along the way may mga wild Pokemon ka na makakasalubong at yung pag-fight sa kanila ang magsisilbing training ng Pokemons mo.
Hindi lang basta-basta ang pagpili ng Pokemons na aalagaan. May strategy din yun.

Shucks, I'm beginning to sound like B.


Anyway, ang inaalagaan kong Pokemons ay si Charmander na nagevolve na into a Charmeleon (yes, nageevolve sila). Isa siyang
fire Pokemon;

Si Pikachu, na isa namang electric Pokemon;

Si Magikarp, isang water Pokemon;

At si Butterfree, isang flying Pokemon na may psychic powers.

Yez. Lahat yan ay courtesy ni B. He tells me all these stuff about Pokemon with a glow in his eyes. I can tell he's really passionate about it and nakakatuwa kasi he's such a kid at heart. I'm glad I've learned to share this interest with him.

Now, we've got more things to talk about, aside from our plans, our jobs, our families, our next date and everything else.


No comments: