Monday, March 19, 2007

after a month

Isang buwan na ako dito. Ang bilis talaga ng panahon.

Ang dami ko nanag pinagdaanan at pinagdadaanan dito. Masaya naman ako. Yun nga lang madaming adjustments na dapat gawin. Ang daming changes, hindi lang sa actual living kundi sa way ng pagiisip. I'm still in the process of moving to Singapore and starting a new life.

I stopped missing B but I'm missing a lot of things.

I miss my family. I miss our dogs. I miss our home. I miss my purple room.

I miss cable TV. I miss pirated DVDs. I miss pinoy entertainment.


I miss my friends. I miss laughing and talking with them.

I miss the editorial team at the factory. I miss the free inumans and kainans. I miss the email loops.

I miss having a job and earning for myself. I miss having the capability of buying what I fancy. I miss having to support my needs.

I. Miss. My. Life.

My old life, that is. I still have a life, although it is very different from the one I've been living for a long time.

I am trying to find everything there is to love about my new life here. There's a lot naman. Living here is convenient, but at the same time, it's hard. Ang daming struggles, di lang sa labas, kundi pati sa loob. Sometimes I doubt myself and my capabilities. There are times when I'm not so sure I have what it takes to make it here, to find work here. Sometimes I wonder if I'll be able to connect to people and make new friends.

Nakakalungkot minsan. Nagugulat na nga lang si B kasi bigla na lang ako naiiyak. Hehe.

Pero okay naman ako. I'm coping.

I'm giving myself time. Hindi ako uuwi anytime soon. =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 months (or more) din akong ganyan kat, pero malalampasan mo rin yang homesickness :) atsaka wag ka nga magdoubt sa capabilities mo, magaling ang ka! magaling ang mga pinoy! dinadaan lang sa yabang ng mga sporeans ang trabaho. totoo yun! =)

- denice

Reden said...

oooowww...

Everything will be okay mahal, please hold on for us. What I pray for always is to have strength and patience to face my every day in this cold, demanding country.

I love you so much!

Jeusa said...

hello :)

selena said...

kaya mo yan kat :) i believe you have the character and resilience to get through anything and even make the best of any situation.

hi denice! hehe :)

hi reden! bigyan mo si kat ng tips hehehe

katzee said...

Thanks everyone. :)

nice said...

hi selena :) hehe

aimee rae said...

Epekto lang din yan ng Yasmin! Hehe. ;)

TwistedHalo said...

kaya mo yan, kat! parang binabalak ko na rin magpunta dyan... after some time. :P pagdating ng araw na yun, sa iyo na ako hingi ng tips, hehe! :D