Thursday, August 17, 2006

fx rides

I've been living in Quezon City for a little over a month now. Before and after I moved, B and I thought I would be worn out by now, due to the long byahe going to the office. I, however, find myself loving it.

The FX ride going to the office takes about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the traffic. I relish those minutes because it is then that I get to organize my thoughts, reflect, process my feelings, prioritize my tasks for the day and even daydream. Once I get on board the FX, I plug my earphones, listen to music and put my mind to work.

Most of the time I think about B and our relationship, where it's at and where it's headed.

If I'm not thinking about B, I ponder about moving to and working in another country, which often ends up with me realizing that despite the traffic congestion, pollution and wreckless bus drivers, I love living in this country. I love its beaches, the warmth and laid-back lifestyle of its people. I've been to Hong Kong, China and Singapore, but no place compares to this impoverished country I call home.

At other instances I think about what I really want to do with my life. I now know that I'm not going anywhere unless I figure that out. I am, however, happy with where I am right now.

Then, there are FX rides when I just dance in my mind. Or sing.

I guess I won't get tired of FX rides. It helps me keep my sanity.

No comments: