Sunday, July 16, 2006

a week after

It’s been a week since B left for Singapore. Fortunately, with the help of numerous text messages and long distance phone calls, we’ve survived it.

B’s slowly settling in and has found a room to rent. He decided that it would be best for him to just rent a room at this time so he can save. He’s been eating Singaporean food, as well as fast food such as KFC and McDonald’s. He’s also been making new friends.

I, on the other hand, am on the process of getting used to living in the apartment without B there. I still get hit by sadness when I feel his absence. I’ve mastered the art of not surrendering to the feeling though. I try to busy myself with work and chores.

I've also been transferred to the FaGat team permanently. Since I'm the most senior in the team, next to Aimee, I've got my hands full with work. I'm excited working on new magazines. I'm glad I'm learning new things again.

Today is Sunday, which is usually a lazy day for us when he was still here. We'd wake up late, have brunch, cook lunch, eat lunch, siesta, wake up, watch some TV, eat meryenda, prepare for mass, hear mass, do grocery shopping at Eunilaine, eat dinner at Grill Queen, go home and sleep. I missed our Sunday routine. Although it's still a lazy Sunday for me, I'm at home and waiting for my mom, instead of B, to get ready so we can hear mass together.

But I'm okay with it. Spending time at home is not such a bad thing.

It’s not easy coping with our new situation and there are still a lot of adjustments that have to be made. But we’re getting by. And that’s good. Things are gonna be better soon. I know that for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uy nice layout! :) - iggy